Paraphrasing is the process of putting someone else thoughts into your own words. It will help if you rewrite a piece without affecting the original text's meaning to paraphrase a source using a paraphrasing tool.
It's critical to cite the source whenever you do an online paraphrase. You should also avoid using phrasing that is too like the original. You can be accused of plagiarism if you don't.
In five easy steps, learn how to paraphrase by using a paraphrase generator.
- Read the passage multiple times to make sure you understand it completely.
- Make a list of key topics.
- Without glancing at the original, write your version of the text.
- Check your paraphrased text against the original piece and make slight changes to any too close phrases.
- Give credit to the source of your inspiration.
Tips for paraphrasing
Although the five stages of paraphrasing appear simple, writing an idea different from the published form might be challenging. These are four tips that will assist you in doing so.
- Begin your first sentence at a different location in the source than the original.
As you can see in the example, we began by introducing the background (the hearing), followed by the last half of the original sentence: the creators', regulators', and users' expectations. The most important details are presented in an entirely different order.
- Make use of synonyms.
Synonyms are words or phrases that have the same meaning as one another. Several synonyms are used in our example:
- "Made it clear".
- "Exposed a vital turning point".
- "outruns" "quickly surpassed".
- "power" "extensive influence"
If you're having trouble coming up with synonyms, a thesaurus can help. But don't go overboard!
- Alter the structure of the sentences (e.g., from active to passive voice)
If the sentence was originally written in the active voice, convert it to the passive voice. When the subject of a sentence takes the lead, it is said to be in the active voice (the thing doing the action). The passive voice is used when the object (the item receiving the action) comes first in a statement.
- Separate the content into sentences.
Although paraphrase normally results in a word count that is close to that of the original statement, you may be able to vary the number of sentences to make the text unique.
Say no to plagiarism!
You must be cautious when paraphrase generator to avoid accidental plagiarism.
This can happen if the paraphrase is too like the original quote, with identical words or entire sentences in quotation marks. It can also occur if you don't correctly cite the paraphrase's source.
Related To This Posts: